Learn, Collaborate & Earn Money
If you are a developer that is willing to learn, or believe that you have what it takes to earn money with your skill. Here is a place to build your careers and further your goals.
Join the growing developer community and start collaborating today. We have thousands of developers who are willing to collaborate with you if given the chance.
If you are an employer looking to hire developers or you wish to hire developers to get your project done, please click here.
Announcement: I am working on an upgrade feature and things are bound to scatter a bit.
You can just login with your regular accounts and passwords (no need to reset password), social logins still work (though some of the handles have been removed).
The updates are rather subtle, and you may just not notice them unless you have been paying really good attention.
- security feature to throw out other logged in accounts when you change password
- implementing a proper search algorithm, no longer using the google cse stuff which does not really give the result in the proper format.
- the profile avatar setting has improved. Now you can have your original picture and recrop anytime you like, plus the cropping is better than before and easier too.
- the forum parent categories now display, so you can see if a board is under web design or programming
- Previously, comments do not have a link of their own and are therefore not shareable, but that has been changed in this update.
- The tagging and mentions have not ben working for sometime, but that again has been fixed. So if I say @jenny please check out my new post on #drupal - jenny will actually receive a mention (which she can view on the user menu under your avatar or top right corner of desktop mode), and drupal is added to the hash tags.
- And oh, you can now view all the hashtags under the explore menu i.e https://africoders.com/hashtags
- And oh, the hashtag and mentions work site-wide, forums, blogs, everywhere you post and reply.
- The explore menu when you can view it allows you to jump to areas and post different entries without much clicks.
- Dont forget to check your notification settings because notifications are already collating and will soon start broadcasting for real
- And of course some minor features that are just too tiny to mention e.g. de-ajaxifying the home page (some people wont just like this), but for search engine's sake
Coming really really soon
- Notifications: web notifications you can see on the website, push notifications, and email notifications
- Messaging: yeap, you can send DM to a person
- Following / followers: that is right, you can follow people too
The latest in this spree of consumption is the whole A.I M.L trend, I have been wondering if I do jump into this wagon like I do before now, but it got me wondering whether the Nigerian space has really grown to the extent it requires A.I an M.L, or are we as techies just chanting along with our brethren from the other side again.
I recently saw this tweet by mark and it perfectly fit into my thought process.
Paypal was invented in 1998, 19 years ago. While Paystack was just founded in 2015!
My Final thoughts: We have too many basic needs yet to be solved in Nigeria which has been solved years ago in the obodo abroad (intentional), lets stop swallowing trends and focus on real domestic problems which require solutions.
Note: This does not mean I know better, just another programmer with a keyboard.