Good afternoon coders
I need a quick review on this link
https://friendzone.com.ng
And of course feedback
Thank you

Comments

• dhtmldhtml Posts: 984
    edited January 2019

You are welcome our friend, oya, where are the reviewers?

• AyoAyo Posts: 163
    edited January 2019
  • goodmuyisgoodmuyis Posts: 112
    edited January 2019

You have asked for a review before and I pointed out few things that am not going to repeat. But I will advise you to just STOP

• => Redefine your goal and start-all-over
    • => Don't pack too much in the Box, 
    • => Start You Development gradually and expand the features
    • => It is better to start a SN Dev from the base so you can control everything. Use CMS/CMF if you cannot code much like me

It is not easy to scale a SN, AC is over a year but we are still less than 100 active.

• ighoterry2ighoterry2 Posts: 14
    edited January 2019
    I've gone through the details of all that and we're ready and I know what it entails to get the users on board and on FZ we do have a lot of active users, m asking for review to get ideas from fellow devs.

Thanks for the advice anyways
    edited January 2019

Let me check again:

Issue 1: Register
    - I filled the signup form, made a mistake intentionally, all the fields became blank post submission
    - So i have to start filling all over again
    - why is it that i cannot copy and paste in the signup form? security measure?
    - how come the signup form bounces left and right on mouse drag? effect?

Issue 2: Login
    - any mistake in the login form, you start all over again
    - how come i have to click retry to show the login form again? DDOS precaution?

Issue 3: forgot password
    - since i had an account before, i tried using password recovery, and all i see on the page is: File not found.

Issue 4: register success
    - when i registered, the page simply redirects to login2 without any message whatsoever whether it was successfully or failed. But i know it was successful since i did not get an error message (note: no success message)
    - i dont get logged in automatically, and yet did not get a welcoming email (one must be present now)

Issue 4: home page
    - After logging in successfully, the site is too gaddamn slow for me to use. This one rolling here and there is too much me to bear.
    - If you want to ajaxify, then ajaxify everything like facebook. If not, simply allow everything to load normally.

Issue 5: Home page versions
    - I can see you have several versions of home page
    - The one that is default seem too scanty for me
    - congrats, the site show you have 2k+ users active online which is quite remarkable

Issue 6: Friend requests
    - How is it that I am getting 2 friend requests immediately i signed up without any activity? How did those 2 people notice me in the first place?

Overall assessment:
    - This your website does not pass for me as something that should be in production to be honest.
    - Based on the bugs, missing links and many other inconsistencies that I have observed, I am not sure that this site is actually ready for 2k+ users.

Now someone mentioned that Africoders does not have up to 100 active users at a time, which is quite correct. This version of africoders as far as i am concerned is still in developmental mode, I am still working on patches and fixes, and have still got a number of things to do before it is actually ready for plenty active members. Getting members is not my concern right now to be honest, but getting things done properly so that people can use the whole stuffs seamlessly.

edited January 2019
    Truth is I was looking forward to a thorough criticism from u since I look up to u.

And it was wonderful

I've started working on the issues you mentioned that are really important.

You can check it out here

https://friendzone.com.ng/html/index5.php

And Fz is still very much in its developmental stages so it's a step at a time.

Thank you
    edited January 2019

You are welcome, also, I hate seeing links like .php, index5.php -- just use routes directly. If you are not using a framework, at least use a decent php router like https://github.com/klein/klein.php or even https://github.com/dannyvankooten/AltoRouter

• SilverG33kSilverG33k Posts: 52
    edited January 2019
    Omo, this dhtml na badass software tester oh, ehh, wetin happen?
    edited January 2019

dhtml went to study medicine in school so he can become code physician/surgeon.

That is one good thing about having a major in another field, the become a coder, you will have a broad application of your knowledge

edited January 2019

Soooo, you are saying that studying medicine has made me a better programmer? That i am using surgical skills to break the website FZ to pieces?

edited February 2019
    edited February 2019

issorait, it is a possibility

edited March 2019
    Made some improvements on it.
    You can go through it
    edited March 2019

my reviews remain the same. the issues i noticed then and many reviews that people made remain the same still. maybe it will be better for you to list the changes you have have.

edited March 2019

Without using a downloaded template, can you start from the base, then build up all the features gradually. The template makes it look over-bloated and makes it difficult (for me) to test. 

it took me 2 weeks to lay the foundation of findmyrib.com (using drupal) which still look like a mess to me, it is family job anyway, so I have all the time to work on it

If you cannot code so much try laying your hand on Wordpress 1st, then try Drupal if you are sure someone is paying for the food you eat, you will have enough time to learn it

Another purpose you need to define is being a Developer or Creator. A Developer with build all from the ground. A Creator will use any means to establish. If you want to start your SN very fast with speed, be a creator, buy a script from codecanyon spend some time to configure it, voila you are good to go for test running, test run again, and again, then and again with your friends, and again with your friends' friend++, 

Trust me you don't want to singularly be a SN developer or do?rollingeyes

edited March 2019
    First I worked on the login and sign-up page you talked about @dhtml

I'll send the others ones soon
    edited March 2019
    edited March 2019
    You probably need to clear up cookies.

I just tried it now and it took me to the page

How is friendzone doing these days? It has been long that I checked.