Skip to content

Minimum Laptop Spec for Programming?

curatorcurator Posts: 4

Hello coders, please what Minimum Laptop Specs Do I Need for Programming?

I am a beginner, and I am low on budget so I am stranded on choices considering my low budget.

Comments

• rexxierexxie Posts: 5

I understand your situation bro, almost every new go through this phase, especially in this our country.

Deciding on what laptop specifications to go for as a newbie programmer can be hardwork especially if you start asking around from your guys and colleagi, you will even become confuse after you have been flooded with different opinions, so I understand it can be a daunting task to pick the best laptop for coding.

So, to decide a suitable laptop for programming journey, knowing the minimum specs for programming is crucial. It’s always a good idea to have a top of the line graphics card or atleast i5 processor for coding.

When programming, one of the most important things to consider is which programming language you will be using. Whether it’s something like Python for game development or JavaScript for web applicatios, each programming language does things better than others.

Personally, this spec should do;

Intel Core i5 or i7 processor
    Full HD resolution, ideally 1920×1080
    4GB or 8GB of RAM
    Good Battery life

Whether you are a Windows or Apple, it really doesn’t matter for a start considering that you are on tight budget.

But, given a blank Cheque, here is some option option;
    MacBook Pro (16-inch)

11 hours of battery life
    8-core Intel Core i9
    64GB
    8TB
    AMD Radeon Pro 5600M

Dell XPS 13 9300

Intel Core i7
    16GB
    512GB
    Intel Iris Plus graphics

HP Envy 13

10th Generation Intel Core i7
    8GB
    256 GB SSD
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics

So, whether it’s the HP Envy 13 or a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, na your money to kill am. Just make sure you get the minimum specs for programming, look around and find what GPU, SSD, and OS works best for your programming need.