frame

What are the opportunities in Waves Block-chain?

I can see that we have a professional in the house here. Please enlighten us on "why waves block-chain", what makes it unique?

Comments

• Am still yet to understand what blockchain is sef

• Same old same old...

Apparently, blockchain waves is just another ethereum. Except that unlike ETH which is decentralized in practice, but which is typically stored in centralized wallets, waves blockchain is also stored in decentralized wallets - this makes it secure against the sort of hacks that has faced MTgox and co. The other features it boasts are the usual 'create your own token', 'create your own ico', 'buy and sell'... you get the idea.

In other words some guys who have been ripping peeps off with crypto in the past just switched gears. Buy in at your own peril.

Cryptocurrencey as far as i'm concerned is just a fad. If you remove government's protection from currency/value, you become prey to whales who will pump and dump while you lose money. If you use smart contracts in a trustless business situation, you fall prey to the developer paid to develop/deploy it who will accept the largest bribe and make the contract not so ...trustless...

It amazes me how everyone still masturbates to this.

• edited June 25

My dear friends, we must first realize that cryptocurrency and blockchain are just two different sides of same coin. The whole story is more than buying and selling tokens on exchange platforms. Its way beyond that. There are lots of viable implementations and real business opportunities with these tech.

Waves blockchain, unlike other decentralized blockchain is an LPOS (Leased Proof of Stake) blockchain with high speed, security and scalability.

Waves has its own native coin called WAVES where serves as the platform utility token just as ether does on Ethereum blockchain.

Waves blockchain is user and developer friendly. As a platform, it provides developers, users and business with great tools, resources and environment to being blockchain usage into real life application.
    Just like metamask for signing ETH transactions on web browser, Waves has its own Waves keeper.
    On a realitic view, Waves is the most tech oriented platform to get started with blockchain technology.

Beyond marketcap which is never a logical criteria to rank blockchain performance or value, without doubt, Waves is great option for anyone interested in blockchain

• @larryokeke said:
    Same old same old...

Apparently, blockchain waves is just another ethereum. Except that unlike ETH which is decentralized in practice, but which is typically stored in centralized wallets, waves blockchain is also stored in decentralized wallets - this makes it secure against the sort of hacks that has faced MTgox and co. The other features it boasts are the usual 'create your own token', 'create your own ico', 'buy and sell'... you get the idea.

In other words some guys who have been ripping peeps off with crypto in the past just switched gears. Buy in at your own peril.

Cryptocurrencey as far as i'm concerned is just a fad. If you remove government's protection from currency/value, you become prey to whales who will pump and dump while you lose money. If you use smart contracts in a trustless business situation, you fall prey to the developer paid to develop/deploy it who will accept the largest bribe and make the contract not so ...trustless...

It amazes me how everyone still masturbates to this.

Such is mostly common with ETH not Waves. Waves makes every implementation, application and usgage of blockchain easy and easy to understand more than any other blockchain.
    Feel free to join the Waves Africa community to learn more about the blockchain. Free Web3.0 course ongoing for community members. Waves blockchain empowers her developers with grants for improving the ecosystem

• edited June 25

If you are a developer and you are interested in learning about blockchain, Waves is best option for you. So much resources, APIs and tools to harness your learning alongside realtime implementation

Dear developer, look here and see real stuffs already cooked for you:
    https://wavesplatform.com/products-integration. Libraries, source codes,

Why is Waves different for other blockchains? See here: https://wavesplatform.com/products-blockchain

Join Waves Africa telegram community via https://t.me/wavesafrica

• This is what we are talking about. This is where block-chain relates to programming. Thanks for this my friend.

• edited June 25

U welcome bro. Lemme show you an instance of implementing Waves blockchain. Our project uses Waves blockchain to process payment for clients and freelancers. Meanwhile, we have our own custom token created on the Waves blockchain and we have wallets holding this token as well.
    We share revenue with our token holders (who are hiding a stipulated amount of our token) every month end.
    So, we built a tool using Vue.JS that interacts with Waves blockchain. This tool helps fetch a list of token holders who should receive the monthly reward based on the token they hold. The app has a back end which can be accessed via a login using blockchain tool (Waves keeper) but here are few conditions we have set;
    • First you must have our token to be able to access the dashboard,
    • Even as a holder, there is a certain amount of token you must hold to get access to dashboard

The blockchain itself is an immutable store of value, the rest is how we communicate with it; how we use these data store on the blockchain

Beyond that, we are implementing a voting feature on the same web app; so token holders can vote on project related polls just like you have on twitter but this time, you must hold our token to make suggestions that counts as a suggestion

Here is link to check the web app: https://auctonode.herokuapp.com
    (Hosted on heroku currently) but we re moving to our domain after we release beta version of our freelancer marketplace - where you hire and pay frelnacers with Crypto (still powered on Waves)

• edited June 25

There are lots of usecases to implement BC (blockchain) even business solutions

Today on web2.0, we have developers implement login features on their website using the Auth0 authorization service, did you know same can be done with blockchain?

Dear developer, did you know you can use Waves Web Auth API to implement same login feature for your app, isn't that cool? ?

Learn about it here: https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/waves-api-and-sdk/client-api/auth-api.html

• This is very good, I love this.

• Hi everyone!!