Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Reply To: Minimum Laptop Spec for Programming?

HomePage Forum General Discussion Minimum Laptop Spec for Programming? Reply To: Minimum Laptop Spec for Programming?

Rexs
Participant

I understand your situation bro, almost every new go through this phase, especially in this our country.

Deciding on what laptop specifications to go for as a newbie programmer can be hardwork especially if you start asking around from your guys and colleagi, you will even become confuse after you have been flooded with different opinions, so I understand it can be a daunting task to pick the best laptop for coding.

So, to decide a suitable laptop for programming journey, knowing the minimum specs for programming is crucial. It’s always a good idea to have a top of the line graphics card or atleast i5 processor for coding.

When programming, one of the most important things to consider is which programming language you will be using. Whether it’s something like Python for game development or JavaScript for web applicatios, each programming language does things better than others.

Personally, this spec should do;

• Intel Core i5 or i7 processor
  • Full HD resolution, ideally 1920×1080
  • 4GB or 8GB of RAM
  • Good Battery life

Whether you are a Windows or Apple, it really doesn’t matter for a start considering that you are on tight budget.

But, given a blank Cheque, here is some option option;
MacBook Pro (16-inch)

• 11 hours of battery life
  • 8-core Intel Core i9
  • 64GB
  • 8TB
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5600M

Dell XPS 13 9300

• Intel Core i7
  • 16GB
  • 512GB
  • Intel Iris Plus graphics

HP Envy 13

• 10th Generation Intel Core i7
  • 8GB
  • 256 GB SSD
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics

So, whether it’s the HP Envy 13 or a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, na your money to kill am. Just make sure you get the minimum specs for programming, look around and find what GPU, SSD, and OS works best for your programming need.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Rexs.